What is it?
A natural process that occurs when chemicals are released in the body, which can be helpful for healing injury and fighting infection.
However, when inflammation becomes chronic, there is an elevated risk of major diseases, such as:
Does your regular diet include these foods?
- Flavonoids can reduce anxiety.
Walnuts, Flaxseeds, and Pumpkin Seeds
- Omega 3’s increase blood flow to the brain.
Strawberries, Blueberries, Cherries, and Oranges
- High level of vitamin C can lower oxidative stress.
- Polyphenols can lower stress hormone levels in the blood.
Avocados, Almonds, Olives, Sesame Seeds, and Sunflower Seeds (and oils)
- Omega 9’s can improve blood vessel function.
Beans, Brown Rice, Oat Bran, and Quinoa
- Zinc is needed for proper immune and thyroid function.
Salmon, Tuna, Sardines, and Eel
- Omega 3-fatty acids and vitamin D can improve the immune system and decrease inflammation.
Leafy Greens (Spinach, Kale, and Collard Greens)
- Vitamin B6 produces serotonin and magnesium, which helps the body rid off stress hormones.
- Vitamin D helps control the nervous system and Niacin (which helps produce serotonin and suppress depression).