How to Climb Any Mountain
Has the COVID-19 pandemic caused you to slip off track from your January 2020 resolution?
Try setting a commitment instead. Commitments include an action plan.
Be committed to feeling and looking like your best self all year around.
Do not try to change everything at the same time. Pick one and stay consistent. Keep in simple!
- Prioritize: What is most important to you – your weight, relationship, family, career, or finances?
- The more changes we try simultaneously, the less likely we are able to succeed. Focus on one change at a time. Make a list and arrange the items in order of importance. Set tangible and realistic goals for each item on your list.
Aim to create a positive new habit, not just a result. Enjoy the journey!
- Focus on the new behavior you wish to achieve – not the outcome.
Change your environment. Context matters!
- The environment is dependent on your goal. For example, if your goal is to lose weight, stock your kitchen and pantry with healthful, wholesome foods that you will eat.
Recognize that small changes add up. Celebrate the small wins!
- Examples of these small changes include: parking your car in a spot far from the entrance, choosing the stairs instead of the elevator, and drinking water instead of diet soda.
When you slip, get back on track quickly. Mistakes happen!
- There are moments when we do not make healthy choices, such as eating a sugary dessert or skipping a few days of exercise. Do not beat yourself up! Forgive yourself and return to your healthiest behavior as soon as possible. Do not try to overcompensate for your mistake as it will be more difficult to get back on track. Return to your small changes, positive behaviors, and progress towards your goal.
Schedule your new habits into your life. Be happy with the new you!
- Set daily reminders on your calendar to help you stay consistent with your action plan.
Your Thoughts ⇒ Words ⇒ Actions ⇒ Habits ⇒ Character ⇒ Your Destiny
There is no ‘secret sauce’ – no quick fix.
Commitment to good habits = “magic bullet”