Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie
Many of our aches, pains, discomforts, and otherwise “icky” feelings are caused by inflammation. Inflammation can affect nearly every aspect of our bodies, including weight gain, skin abnormalities, headaches, and depression.
Fortunately, there are specific foods and spices you can consume to help alleviate inflammatory symptoms.
Mix the ingredients listed below in your blender and drink up!
Soon, you will think clearer, feel healthier, and be happier!
- 1 cup Frozen or Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- 1 handful of Arugula
- 1 handful of Spinach and Kale (may use only one type of leafy green instead)
- 1/2 inch Fresh Ginger Root (peeled)
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Water and/or Green Tea
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric Powder (or 1/2 inch Fresh Turmeric Root)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Ice (amount desired)
- *Optional: 1 scoop Protein Powder (will provide a thicker consistency)
- *Optional: Additional water (will provide a thinner consistency)
Blend ingredients. Pour in a glass, and top with a tablespoon of chia seeds and/or a handful of walnuts. Enjoy!
Govoni, A.J. (2014). “Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie with Turmeric.” doi: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12885/anti-inflammatory-green-smoothie-with-turmeric.html. Accessed on March 19, 2014.