5 Quick and Easy To-Dos’ Before You Walk Out the Door Each Day
Drink warm lemon water
- Aids with digestion and cleanses your intestinal system
Check out Sworkit at http://www.sworkit.com!
- Run, stretch, or perform yoga
- Need motivation? Download the app, “Sworkit” to your mobile device.
- Starting your day with movement will clear your mind, relieve stress, and provide you with energy before you step out the door.
- Visualize the day ahead of you in a positive light.
- Envision meaningful, purposeful, and rewarding events.
- Manifest good thoughts and happiness.
- How? You may choose to repeat an affirmation or simply sit still in silence for two (2) minutes. You will bring a smile to your face and uplift your mood.
Schedule Your To-Do List
- On Sunday evening of each week, assign each task to a specific day of the week. Prioritize these tasks: tasks you will complete before work, during your lunch break, and after work.
- Add easy, doable tasks each day to decrease anxiety.
- Physically check-off four (4) items from your list each day to feel a sense of accomplishment and productivity.
- Your schedule will become more manageable and you will be able to more efficiently recall tasks needing attention.
- However, be flexible! If you run out of time to complete a task, relax! Determine another time you might be able to fulfill this obligation later in the week or perhaps you did not allow enough time for this task because it is not as critical as you initially thought!
Eat Breakfast – and pack a lunch too!
- When you are hungry you will not be as effective at your job nor will you have a nice time conversing with your co-workers. So, do everyone a favor and eat!
- When you pack your lunch you will save money and ensure you will eat a healthy meal.
Nordhem, M. (2014). “5 Things Healthy People Do Every Morning Before Work.” doi: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12293/5-things-healthy-people-do-every-day-before-work.html. Accessed on February 17, 2014.