Healthy Recipe of the Week
Teriyaki Salmon and Rice Bowl
Not a fan of salmon?
Swap with skinless, grilled chicken, tofu, or add more edamame!
- (1) 1.5 cup Cooked Jasmine Rice (*may substitute for rice of choice or quinoa)
- 2 teaspoons Avocado Oil
- 12 ounces Skinless Salmon Filet (cut into cube pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Tamari Sauce (*may substitute for soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Sauce (*Optional: Add more sauce for serving)
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- ½ cup Shelled Edamame (heated according to package directions)
- ½ cup Carrots (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons Black Sesame Seeds
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
Divide rice (or quinoa) between two bowls. Heat avocado oil over medium-high heat and add salmon, tossing to evenly brown. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the honey, tamari sauce (or soy sauce), sesame oil, garlic, ginger and two (2) teaspoons sriracha sauce and pour over salmon. Toss salmon in the sauce until sticky and salmon is cooked through. Add salmon on top of the rice (or quinoa) and divide the avocado, edamame, and carrots to each bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds, green onions and a drizzle of sriracha if desired.
Yields: 2 servings
YMCA. (2022, July 25). Recipe: Teriyaki salmon & rice bowls. YMCA of Greater Seattle. https://www.seattleymca.org/blog/recipe-teriyaki-salmon-rice-bowls?utm_source=targeted-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=member-newsletter&utm_term=Aug_23_2022&utm_content=recipe-teriyaki-salmon-rice-bowls-lp