Healthy Recipe of the Week
Asian Noodle Bowl with Spicy Almond Sauce
- 3/4 pound Whole-Wheat Spaghetti
- 1/2 head of Broccoli (about 3/4 pound) (tops cut into florets, stems peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Snow Peas (trimmed)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce (reduced sodium)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chili-Garlic Sauce (eg. Sriracha) (*optional)
- 3/4 cup Sliced Almonds (toasted)
- 1 Scallion (about 3 tablespoons) (green part only)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
Three (3) minutes before the pasta is ready, add the broccoli to the pasta pot. One (1) minute before it is ready, add the snow peas and red peppers to the pot.
While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Place the almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce and three (3) tablespoons of boiling water (from the pasta pot) into a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
Drain the noodles (pasta) and vegetables and return them to the pasta pot. Add the sauce and toss to coat. Serve garnished with the toasted almonds and scallion greens.
Yields: 6 servings.
410 Calories. 16g Total Fat. 1.5g Saturated Fat. 60g Total Carbohydrates. 4g Sugar (4g Added Sugar). 17g Dietary Fiber. 9g Protein. 460mg Sodium. 636mg Potassium. 135mg Calcium. 1mcg Vitamin D. 1mg Iron.
Tufts University. (2021, June 25). Asian noodle bowl with spicy almond sauce. Health & Nutrition Letter: Your Guide to Living Healthier Longer. https://www.nutritionletter.tufts.edu/healthy-eating/recipes/asian-noodle-bowl-with-spicy-almond-sauce/?MailingID=350&st=email&sc=WU20220111-IntuitiveEating&utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=What%2C+Exactly%2C+Is+BMI%3F&utm_campaign=WU20220111-IntuitiveEating