Healthy Recipe of the Week
Hummus and Vegetable Rice Bowl
Simple, quick to prep and plant-based!
- 1 cup Cooked Brown Rice (cook according to package instructions) (*may substitute with quinoa, farro, or grain of choice)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- ½ cup Cucumber (diced)
- ¼ cup Red Onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ cup Italian Parsley (chopped)
- ½ Avocado (diced)
- ½ cup Hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons Crispy Chickpeas (store-bought or homemade)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
Allow rice (or grain of choice) to cool slightly before tossing with bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, parsley, and avocado. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide hummus on two plates and spread evenly across the bottom.
Top with rice (or grain) salad and sprinkle each with crispy chickpeas.
Yields: 2 servings
YMCA. (2022, June 28). Recipe: Hummus & veggie rice bowl. YMCA of Greater Seattle Blog. https://www.seattleymca.org/blog/recipe-hummus-veggie-rice-bowl?utm_source=targeted-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=member-newsletter&utm_term=July_12_2022&utm_content=recipe-hummus-veggie-rice-bowl-lp