Healthy Recipe of the Week
Sesame Baked Salmon
Simple Salmon in 20 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 1/2 Soy Sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest (*substitute with orange zest for sweeter version)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice (*substitute with organic juice for sweeter version)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander (grounded)
- (4) 6-ounce Salmon Fillets (skinless, patted dry)
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds (toasted)
- 2 Scallions (sliced)
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, soy sauce, lemon (or orange) zest and juice, ginger, and coriander.
Arrange the salmon fillets on a rimmed baking pan. Spoon the tahini sauce over the fish, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and bake until the salmon flakes easily with a fork and is just opaque (about 8 – 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets). Sprinkle with scallions.
Yields: 4 servings
Per Serving (1 salmon fillet): 350 Calories. 22g Total Fat. 4g Saturated Fat. 3g Carbohydrates. 1g Fiber. 0g Total Sugar. 0g Added Sugar. 33g Protein. 310mg Sodium.
Chef Kate. (2022, March). The health cook: Simply salmon. Nutrition Action.