Healthy Recipe of the Week
Pistachio-Crusted Baked Salmon
Top sources of healthy unsaturated fats and Omega-3’s!
- 1 1/2 lb. Whole Salmon Fillet (Wild Alaskan, Sockeye, or Coho)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 1/2 cup Pistachios (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Lemon slices for serving (*optional)
- Parsley leaves for serving (*optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the salmon on a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Pat salmon dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, mustard. and garlic. In another small bowl, combine the panic, pistachios, parmesan cheese, and lemon zest. Brush the lemon-honey mixture evenly over the salmon. Evenly sprinkle the pistachio mixture onto the salmon. Gently press down to make the mixture stick to the salmon.
Bake salmon 10 to 14 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. *Internal temperature of 145°F.
Serve the salmon with lemon slices and parsley leaves, if desired.
Yields: 4 servings
The Costco Connection.