Healthy Recipe of the Week
Zesty Black Bean Burrito Bowls with Chipotle Crema
- 1 cup Plain, Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce (chopped)
- 1 Lime (zested and juiced)
- 1 cup Frozen Corn (thawed)
- (1) 15-ounce can Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- Black Pepper and Salt, to taste
- 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice (*may substitute with quinoa, farro, or other grain of choice)
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 4 Radishes (thinly sliced)
Whisk together Greek yogurt, chipotle pepper, lime zest and juice. Thin with a teaspoon or two of water until you reach your desired consistency. Set aside.
Heat skillet over medium heat and add corn and a splash of water, stirring until hot. Transfer to a bowl to set aside and wipe pan clean.
Return skillet to medium heat and add black beans, cumin, and chili powder. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Divide brown rice among four bowls and top with corn, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, and radishes.
Drizzle with chipotle sauce and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings
YMCA. (2021, October 6). Recipe: Zesty black bean burrito bowls with chipotle crema. YMCA of Greater Seattle Blog. https://www.seattleymca.org/blog/recipe-zesty-black-bean-burrito-bowls-chipotle-crema?utm_source=targeted-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=COVID-19-member-newsletter&utm_term=Oct_11_2021&utm_content=recipe-black-bean-bourito-bowls-lp