Healthy Recipe of the Week
- 1/2 cup Sherry Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 small Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (1/2 coarsely chopped; 1/2 finely diced for garnish)
- 1 Cucumber (1/2 coarsely chopped; 1/2 finely diced for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme (minced) (*may be substituted for 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 Avocado (pitted, peeled, and diced)
- Fresh Cilantro (chopped for garnish)
- Tabasco Sauce (amount as desired) (*optional)
- Salt and Black Pepper (amount as desired)
In a large blender (*work in batches if necessary), puree the tomatoes and their juices, Sherry Wine vinegar and olive oil. Add the onion, coarsely chopped bell pepper, and coarsely chopped cucumber.
Add thyme, a dash of Tabasco (if desired), and salt and black pepper to taste. Puree until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. It should be tangy. If needed, add more vinegar or olive oil. Refrigerate the mixture until fully chilled.
When you are ready to serve the gazpacho, garnish with the finely diced bell pepper, finely diced cucumber, avocado and cilantro. Tip: The colder you serve it, the better!
Morales, N. (2018, April 16). Gazpacho soup. The Today Show. https://www.today.com/recipes/gazpacho-soup-recipe-t126900?cid=eml_onesmallthing_20210818&user_email=9ebc2ae6e91f2d2db7f2fc32505e48eb00057a9d1485d2adfd7bde83a82c3cdb&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=OST210818&utm_term=TODAY%20One%20Small%20Thing