Healthy Recipe of the Week
A Touch of Spice.
A Touch of Sweet.
This Dish Cannot Be Beat!
Thai Pineapple and Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut or Canola Oil (may substitute for a different oil of choice)
- 1 Pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (seeded and cut into chunks)
- 1 Onion (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets and Stems
- 2 Cups Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Lime (½ juiced and ½ cut into wedges)
- 1 Tablespoon Thai Fish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Thai Chili Sauce
- ¼ Cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 4 Cups Cooked Brown Rice (may substitute for quinoa)
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add cubed chicken and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from skillet.
Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add bell pepper, onion, and broccoli, and cook for 5 minutes. Add pineapple, and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Stir in juice from ½ lime, fish sauce, chili sauce, and cilantro. Cook an additional 1 minute.
Serve chicken over brown rice (or quinoa) with lime wedges, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.