Health Recipe of the Week
Salmon and White Bean Salad
- 1 6-ounce can Salmon (drained)
- 1 15-ounce can White Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups Kale (destemmed and chopped) (May substitute for another leafy green)
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Capers (rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Place salmon in a medium bowl and break up with a fork. Add white beans, kale (or leafy green of choice), sesame seeds, and capers. Lightly toss. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil and lemon juice together and toss into salad. Add salt and pepper to taste, toss gently, and serve.
Makes 3 servings.
408 calories. 17 grams of fat. 39 grams carbohydrate. 28 grams protein. 11 grams dietary fiber. 452 micrograms sodium.
Dennett, C. (2017). Environmental Nutrition, vol 40, i 2.