- Decreases inflammation, which can relieve heartburn and indigestion
- Decreases risk of heart attacks, due to the effects of curcumin
- Slows progression of Type 2 Diabetes
- Fights cancer
- Protects the brain, due to the effects of turmerone
- Decreases joint pain, such as arthritis
- Improves sleep
*Caution: Turmeric may slow blood clotting, thereby individuals who consume anti-coagulants need to be careful about adding turmeric to their diet.
- 2 c. Coconut Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1″ piece of Ginger or 1 tsp. ground Ginger
- Raw Honey (amount as desired) (optional)
*Caution: Omit black pepper for individuals who have intestinal ulcers, as this ingredient can make small incisions in the bowels of individuals with Crohn’s disease.
Add all ingredients (except raw honey) to a saucepan and whisk to combine. Apply medium heat until mixture starts to bubble. Turn heat down and simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Strain out ginger. Add raw honey and stir. Enjoy before bedtime!
To make this drink and save for later:
In a small jar, combine 3 tablespoons turmeric, 2 teaspoons black pepper, 1 tablespoon ground ginger. Cover jar and shake. Mix 1 teaspoon go powdered mixture with 1 cup of warm milk (of choice).