Healthy Recipe of the Week
Five Spice Salmon Cakes
- (1) 14.75 ounce can of Salmon (*1 ½ cups cooked, flaked salmon)
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¼ cup Red Onion (minced)
- ¼ cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Chili-Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tamari Sauce (*may be substituted for soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five-Spice Powder
- 1 cup Panko Beadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 Lemon (cut into wedges)
In a large bowl, mix the salmon, eggs, red onion, cilantro, chili-garlic sauce, tamari sauce, and five-spice powder. Add the breadcrumbs and gently fold into salmon mixture. Divide into four (4) patties. In a large pan, heat the avocado oil over medium-heat. Add the salmon patties. Cook until browned (about 5 minutes on each side). Serve with lemon wedges.
Yields: 4 servings
Are you seeking a yummy, healthy side dish?
Try this Ginger and Sesame Slaw!
YMCA. (2022, October 20). Recipe: Five spice salmon cakes (with ginger & sesame slaw). YMCA of Greater Seattle Blog. https://www.seattleymca.org/blog/recipe-five-spice-salmon-cakes-ginger-sesame-slaw?utm_source=targeted-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=member-newsletter&utm_term=Nov_1_2022&utm_content=recipe-five-spice-salmon-cakes-ginger-sesame-slaw-lp