Healthy Recipe of the Week
Pan-Roasted Vegetables Over Saucy Beans
Time to get saucy!
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (thinly sliced)
- 4 Plum Tomatoes (ripe and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salit
- 1 15-ounce can Cannellini Beans (no salt added, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 pound Small Pattypans (cut into wedges)
- 8 Mini Bell Peppers (quartered cut lengthwise)
In a medium-sized pan over medium heat, heat one (1) tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering. Sauté the garlic cloves until lightly browned (1 – 2 minutes). Stir in tomato and salt. Simmer until thickened (7 – 10 minutes). Stir in cannellini beans and heat through (1 – 2 minutes).
In a large-sized pan over medium-high heat, heat the remaining one (1) tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering. Sauté the pattypans until lightly tender-crisp (2 – 3 minutes). Remove pattypans from the pan. Add the bell peppers to the pan and sauté until charred in spots (3 -5 minutes).
Spoon the cannellini beans into two (2) bowls. Top with the pattypans and bell peppers.
Yields: 2 servings
Per Serving (2 cups): 350 Calories. 16g Total Fat. 2g Saturated Fat. 44g Carbohydrates. 12g Fiber. 10g Total Sugar. 0g Added Sugar. 13g Protein. 320mg Sodium.
Chef Kate (2021, September). The healthy cook: Get saucy. Nutrition Action Health Letter.