Healthy Recipe of the Week
White Bean Hummus
- 1 15.5 ounce can No-Salt-Added Chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15.5 ounce can No-Salt-Added Cannellini Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/3 cup Tahini (unhulled preferred)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 medium Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
In a food processor or blender, process all of the ingredients until smooth.
Enjoy with a cold vegetable platter on a hot summer day or spread on top of pita bread for a healthy snack!
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Calories: 175; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Trans Fat: 0g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 179mg; Carbohydrates: 20g; Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 1g; Added Sugar: 0g; Protein: 7g
Guest Blogger. (2020, June 22). Recipes using those canned beans in the pantry. American Heart Association Blog. https://sodiumbreakup.heart.org/canned_beans_recipes?utm_source=healthy+for+good+fy+1920&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=6_24_2020&utm_content=content+2+cta