Sometimes we must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.”
– John Campbell
- Driven by extrinsic motivation.
- Thinks other people expect the impossible from ourselves.
- Constantly measures how far ourselves still need to go to reach our goal(s).
Healthy Goal Setting
- Driven by intrinsic motivation.
- Provides opportunities to challenge and stretch ourselves.
- Sets realistic milestones (eg. Short Term Goals).
- Challenges old way of thinking.
- Collaborates, explores, and reflects on progress and embraces future challenges.
Is this goal realistic given your current life situation?
Is this goal attainable with hard work and effort?
Do you have specific and easy-to-measure milestones in place that you can use to track your progress along the way?
expectations and replace with a sense of anticipation.
ANTICIPATION + ACTION = PRODUCTIVITY
An intense anticipation itself transforms possibility into reality; our desires often being but precursors of the things which we are capable of performing.”
– Samual Smiles
Kolber, P. (2018). The Perfectionist Detox: Tame Your Inner Critic, Live Bravely, and Unleash Your Joy. Da Capo Press. NY: New York. Pg. 21-31.