Healthy Recipe of the Week
Skip the Starbucks muffin…
and, try this healthier alternative!
Lower in calories, lower in sugar, and quick and easy preparation!
- Approx. 1/8 – 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 – 1 scoop Protein Powder (plant-based is recommended)
- 1 scoop L-Glutamine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Hemp Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Small Handful of Dried Cranberries (optional)
- Small Handful of Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (optional)
- 1/4 – 1/2 Banana (mashed)
- 1 – 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Egg (may substitute for egg whites)
First, mix dry ingredients (flaxseed meal, l-glutamine, hemp seeds, chia seeds, rolled oats, cinnamon, and dried cranberries) in a medium-size mug.
Next, add wet ingredients (mashed banana, egg, and melted coconut oil).
Vigorously mix all ingredients with a spoon, scraping sides and bottom of mug.
Place mug inside microwave, covering with paper towel and heat on high for 50 seconds to 1 minute (2 minutes for 2 muffins). *Time may vary depending on power of microwave.
Allow 30 seconds for muffin to cool. Turn mug upside down and shake above plate until muffin pops out.
Optional: Spread almond butter, sunflower seed butter, peanut butter, fig butter, or honey for additional sweetness!
* Critical ingredients are flaxseed meal, egg and/or egg whites, and coconut oil. The other ingredients can be omitted or altered based on your own food preferences. You may also add ingredients not listed – be creative! Fiber One cereal, chopped dates, chopped nuts, and sunflower seeds are also suitable and healthy additions.
Please share any new creations you discover!
One response to “Thursday Nugget”
[…] A Quick, Easy, and Healthy Breakfast Treat! (robinluthi.com) […]