Negative thoughts can hinder your athletic performance, or even stop you from exercising all together!
QUIT the negativity and think positive!
5 Steps to a Positive Attitude
- Every morning when you wake up, say out load a positive statement about yourself and your commitment to live a healthier lifestyle.
- After each exercise session, always have a positive attitude about your workout and the way you are feeling at the time. The increase in endorphins will help achieve a positive mindset.
- Praise yourself for the hard work and commitment you made to complete your exercise circuit. Even if it was not the best workout you have ever completed, it was still a workout. Apply the attitude “something is better than nothing” – My body was moving.
- Spread your positive energy to the rest of the world. Compliment at least one person each day. The compliment can be about another person’s shoes, tie, smile, eyes, anything. You will have more positive energy in your life. If you release positive energy, you will receive positivity. Contrary, if you release negative energy, you will receive negativity.
- Before you go to bed each night, say out load another positive statement about yourself and reaffirm your commitment to live a healthy lifestyle.
Jordan, S. Fitness & Positive Thinking. Accessed http://crunch.dotfit.com/content-1488.html on June 10, 2014.