Is your sweet tooth itching for something sweet?
Do you crave a sweet, healthy treat?
Chia Tapioca Pudding is quick, easy, and healthy fix!
Chia seeds are fiber-rich, containing both soluble and insoluble fiber.
Translation: Chia seeds will clean-out your gastrointestinal (GI) tract!
But, beware, excess consumption of these little seeds might have a laxative effect!
- 6 tablespoons: Chia Seeds
- 3 cups: Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or another preferred milk)
- 1 teaspoon: Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon: Cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon: Cinnamon
- 1 – 2 tablespoons: Organic Honey
- 1/2 – 1 scoop: Protein Powder (flavor of choice)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups: Diced, Dried Fruit (fruit of choice)
Pour almond milk (or milk of choice) into a container with lid. Put chia seeds, vanilla extract, cardamom, and cinnamon (and any optional ingredients) into the same container. Stir mixture. Tightly fasten lid on the container, and shake. Place container in refrigerator for at least two (2) hours, or overnight for best results (or a thicker consistency). Scoop out desired amount into a bowl, and enjoy!
Guyot, C., Harrell, R., Minot, K., & Wallenstrom, S. (2012). Cooking in The Cave, 1st ed. P.67.