Healthy Recipe of the Week
Holiday Fennel and Pomegranate Salad
A festive, refreshing, and healthful salad to balance your holiday indulgences!
- 3 small Fennel Bulbs (thinly sliced)
- 6 celery Stalks, leaves included (thinly sliced, diagonally)
- 1 medium shallot (thinly sliced into a half-moon shape)
- ½ cup Parsley Leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup Pomegranate Seeds (*may substitute for dried cranberries)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
Toss all of the ingredients together and layer on a serving platter. Add some freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Yields: 4 – 6 servings
YMCA. (2021, October 26). Recipe: Holiday fennel and pomegranate salad. YMCA of Greater Seattle Blog. https://www.seattleymca.org/blog/recipe-holiday-fennel-and-pomegranate-salad?utm_source=targeted-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=COVID-19-member-newsletter&utm_term=Dec_7_2021&utm_content=recipe-holiday-fennel-and-pomegranate-salad-lp