Healthy Recipe of the Week
Chickpea Cookie Dough
- 1 can of Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter (unsalted recommended)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ tablespoons Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Ground Chia Seeds
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate Chips (mini recommended)
Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place in a paper towel and dry off. Remove any loose skins and discard. Add chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and cinnamon to a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the ground chia seeds to the food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until everything is combined. Add chickpea cookie dough mixture to a small bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Serve immediately or can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
YMCA of Greater Seattle. (2021, May 21). Recipe: Chickpea cookie dough. YMCA of Greater Seattle Blog. https://www.seattleymca.org/blog/recipe-chickpea-cookie-dough