Healthy Recipe of the Week
Black-Eyed Pea, Corn, and Rice Salad
Spring into April with some Fresh Leafy Greens!
- 31 ounce can Black-Eyed Peas (drained, rinsed, no-salt added)
- 25 ounce can Whole Kernel Corn (no-salt added)
- 8 ounce Cooked Brown Rice (may substitute with Quinoa)
- 2 stalk Celery (chopped)
- 1 Bell Pepper (seeded, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice (may substitute with vinegar of choice)
- ¼ Fresh Parsley (chopped) (may substitute with 1 tbsp. dried parsley)
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine and serve.
*Add the olive oil, water, lemon juice (or vinegar) separately to serve the salad at a later time.
American Heart Association (2017). doi: https://recipes.heart.org/Recipes/1028/BlackEyed-Pea-Corn-and-Rice-Salad