Healthy Recipe of the Week
Are seeking a healthy dish to prep for a holiday picnic this weekend?
Do you need a weeknight side dish for your family meal or dinner party?
A special thank you to wellness expert, author, and senior Peloton instructor, Emma Lovewell for sharing this recipe in her latest newsletter!
Spicy White Beans with Lemony Broccolini
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 4 Calabrian Chilis (chopped)
- 2 small bunches Broccolini (washed)
- 1 cup Cannellini Beans (rinsed and drained)
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Bread (*optional, but highly desired!)
Heat olive oil on medium heat and add chopped garlic and Calabrian chili. Sauté for two (2) minutes.
Add washed broccolini to the pan. Cook undisturbed for three (3) minutes and flip, cooking for another three (3) minutes. Save the broccolini and its bright green color!
Add rinsed and drained cannellini beans. Add lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir until just combined.
Serve with a thick slice of sourdough bread (Emma Lovewell’s fav!).
Lovewell, E. (2023, May 25). Lemony broccolini with beans. https://www.livelearnlovewell.com/recipes/