Healthy Recipe of the Week
Sheet-Pan Fajitas with Crispy Tofu
- 1 (14 oz.) package Extra-Firm Tofu (drained)
- 1 small head (about 1 1/4 lbs.) Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 medium-sized (8 oz.) Bell Peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium-sized (9 oz.) White Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup (about 3 1/2 oz.) Fresh Cremini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Sea Salt (fine)
- Whole Wheat Tortillas, Guacamole, Vegetarian Refried Beans, Lime Wedges (for serving)
Preheat oven to 425°. Place tofu on a plate lined with several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels and a second plate; place a weight on top. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, place cauliflower, bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms in a large bowl. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, (2) tablespoons of olive oil, and (1) teaspoon of salt. Toss to coat. Spread vegetables in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
Cut drained and pressed tofu into 3/4-inch pieces, and place in a medium bowl. Toss the remaining (1) tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Spread the tofu in a single layer on a separate large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake tofu and vegetables on two separate racks in a preheated oven until tofu is lightly browned and crispy, and vegetables are tender and browned (about 20 to 25 minutes), switching positions on the racks halfway through cook time. Transfer tofu and vegetables to a platter. Serve with whole wheat tortillas, guacamole, refried beans, and lime wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Preparation Time: 1 hour
Pollock, T. (2020, December 10). Sheet-pan fajitas with crispy tofu. People Magazine. https://people.com/food/talia-pollock-sheet-pan-fajitas-with-crispy-tofu/