Make Gratitude a Habit!
I am grateful for the Washington trails, and the peace and serenity of nature!
7 Habits to Become a More Grateful Person
- Send One Thank You Letter Each Week
- Write a thank you note to a friend or co-worker who was extra helpful last week.
- Write in a Daily Gratitude Journal
- Write at least 3 things you are grateful for each day – Simple things!
- Establish a Gratitude Ritual
- Express gratitude during dinner each evening.
- Identify 3 things you are grateful each night as you slip into bed.
- Start a Gratitude Bulletin Board
- Post pictures and notecards to represent things you are grateful for each day.
- Create a Gratitude Jar
- Each day write 1 thing you are grateful for and drop it inside the jar.
- Open your jar and read all your notes one year from today.
- Use Social Media to Share Your Gratitude
- Start a gratitude movement by expressing appreciation on Facebook or Twitter.
Research has tied gratitude to the following health and wellbeing benefits:
- Better Relationships
- Improved Mental Health
- Better Physical Health
- Decreased Stress
- Increased Energy
- Exceptional Mental Strength
Morin, A. (2016). 7 simple ways to become a more grateful person. Psychology Today. doi: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/what-mentally-strong-people-dont-do/201611/7-simple-ways-become-more-grateful-person Accessed on November 9, 2019