Healthy Recipe of the Week
Add a refreshing crunch to your salad!
Crunchy Black Lentil Salad
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Minced Shallot
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Cooked Black Lentils
- 1 cup Sliced Celery
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Shaved Manchego or Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon mustard, shallot, olive oil, and salt. Toss the lentils, celery, walnuts, and cheese. Season with the black pepper.
Sherwood, K. (2018). The Healthy Cook: Black Lentil Magic. Nutrition Action Healthletter, September issue, P. 12.