Healthy Recipe of the Week
A Healthy Fall Soup to Warm Your Tummy!
Sweet Coconut-Butternut Squash Crockpot Soup
- 3 cup Butternut Squash (cubed)
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes (cubed)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped) (may be substituted for minced onion seasoning)
- 2 cup Chicken Broth or Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- 2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- ¼ – ½ cup Full Fat Coconut Cream
- ½ teaspoon Cumin (ground)
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Peel and chop squash, sweet potato, and onion. Place squash, sweet potato, onion, 1 cup of chicken broth or stock and coconut oil in a slow cooker, and cook on high for about 4 hours. Using an immersion blender, or scooping mixture into a regular blender, puree until smooth. Return to crockpot and add remaining chicken broth or stock, coconut milk, coconut cream, cumin, and coconut flakes. Cook for about 30 more minutes, or until soup is heated through. Sprinkle with extra coconut flakes for garnish.
Roskelley, A. (2017). Sweet Coconut-Butternut Crockpot Soup. Super Healthy Kids. doi: //www.superhealthykids.com/sweet-coconut-butternut-crockpot-soup/ Accessed November 7, 2017.