Healthy Recipe of the Week
The days are growing longer.
The temperatures are warming.
The sun is shining.
Summer is around the corner!
How about a tasteful salad fit for a warm spring or summer day?
Pomegranate and Pear Salad
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Honey Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 12 cups Fresh Baby Kale (*may substitute for mixed greens)
- 4 Pears (*cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Fennel Bulb (*thinly shaved)
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Arils
- Local Honey, to taste
Whisk together olive oil, champagne vinegar, honey mustard, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add greens of choice. Toss to coat. Arrange greens in a shallow serving bowl. Top with pears, fennel, and pomegranate arils. Light drizzle with honey.
Yields: 8 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Magnolia Journal. (2022 Winter). Pomegranate and pear salad. P. 69.