Healthy Recipe of the Week
Calling all pasta lovers and vegetarians or vegans alike!
One-Pot Mushroom Pasta
Special thank you to wellness expert, author, and Peloton instructor, Emma Lovewell for sharing this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large Portabella Mushrooms (washed and patted dry)
- 1 small carton of Cremini Mushrooms (washed and patted dry)
- 2 small Red Onions (chopped)
- 3 – 4 Garlic Gloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup White Wine (*may substitute with water)
- 1/2 pound Whole Wheat Spaghetti (*may substitute with lentil, garbanzo bean, or quinoa pasta)
- 3-4 cups Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock (*may substitute with vegetable stock)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the mushrooms (chopped or sliced), onions, and garlic and cook for ten (10) minutes until mushrooms release their liquid and onions start to soften. Add white wine or water and let evaporate. Add spaghetti (or pasta of choice) and toss to coat (about 1 – 2 minutes). In 1/2 cup increments, add chicken stock (or vegetable stock) to the pot every two (2) minutes. The pasta should be in a little pool of broth but not “drowning.” Stir with every addition. Cook until desired texture. Season with salt and black pepper. Garnish with parsley, and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Lovewell, E. (2023, March 1). One-pot mushroom pasta. Live Learn Lovewell. https://www.livelearnlovewell.com/recipe/one-pot-mushroom-pasta/