Healthy Recipe of the Week
Does the busy holiday season have you strapped for time to prep a healthy, nutritious meal?
Try American Heart Association’s hearty, no-cook salad, which is loaded with vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and fiber-rich!
Black-Eyed Pea, Corn, and Rice Salad
- (2) 15-ounce cans Black-eyed Peas (no salt added, rinsed and drained)
- (1) 15.25-ounce can Whole-kernel Corn (no salt added)
- (1) 8.8-ounce pouch Brown Rice (cooked) (*may substitute with 1 cup instant brown ricecooked without salt and margarine)
- 2 ribs of Celery (chopped)
- 1 medium Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley (chopped) (*may substitute with 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice (*may substitute with vinegar of choice)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper