Healthy Recipe of the Week
Winter Opal® Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup Pomegranate Arils (divided)
- 4 ounce Goat Cheese (crumbled, divided)
- 1/2 cup Pistachios (crushed or chopped, divided)
- 2 cups Red Quinoa (cooked)
- 2 cups Beets (pickled or cooked, chopped)
- 2 cups Opal® Apples (corned, chopped)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach (chopped)
- Handful of Green Onions or Fresh Herbs (*optional)
- Dressing of Choice*
Reserve two (2) tablespoons each of the pomegranate arils and goat cheese and one (1) tablespoon of the pistachios. Set aside.
Place all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss. Garnish salad with reserved pomegranate arils, goat cheese, and pistachios.
Yields: 4 servings
*Recommended dressing is a store-bought Champagne vinaigrette, which pairs well with the salty-sweet crunchiness of the salad. A lighter alternative is a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic on top of the salad.
Costco Connection. (2021, December).