Healthy Recipe of the Week
TGIF Pizza Night, Done Right!
Thin Crust Greek Pizza
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 large Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 1 medium-large Tomato (approximately 3 slices)
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 1/4 cup Black Olives (chopped)
- 1/8 cup Red Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 ounce Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 ounce Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese (sliced or shredded) (may be substituted for Almond Cheese or other vegan cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, place tortilla on the sheet, and lightly spray the top of the tortilla with cooking spray. Place in oven for 5 – 7 minutes or until tortilla begins to brown and turn crispy. Remove from oven and layer the tomato, spinach, olives, onions, feta and mozzarella cheese on the tortilla. Sprinkle the pizza with the oregano and garlic powder. Drizzle the olive oil onto the pizza. Return to oven for 5 – 7 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and browned. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
1 Pizza: 295 calories. 19.2g fat. 19.8g carbohydrates. 12.9g protein.
To increase protein content, add skinless chicken slices, lean ground turkey, tofu pieces, or crumbled tempeh.
What is your favorite pizza topping?
Johnston, C. (2013). Recipe: Personal Greek Tortilla Thin Crust Pizza. Anytime Fitness Blog. doi: http://blog.anytimefitness.com/395094-recipe-personal-greek-tortilla-thin-crust-pizza/ Accessed on February 19, 2018.