Healthy Recipe of the Week
Asian Pear and Pink Lady Apple Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Rosemary Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- White Balsamic Vinegar (*amount as desired)
- 1/8 teaspoon Fresh Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (*optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Cooked Chicken Breasts (chopped)
- 1 Asian Pear (cored and chopped)
- 1 Pink Lady Apple (cored and chopped)
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce (chopped) (may be substituted for other leafy green of choice)
- 1/2 cup Whole Walnuts (toasted and tossed with 2 tablespoons honey while warm)
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola Cheese (may be substituted for other cheese of choice)
- 8 Asparagus Spears (steamed)
- 4 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
Combine dressing ingredients in a lidded jar. Shake well. Set aside. Place salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour half of the dressing over the salad and toss well, adding additional dressing to taste.
Divide salad among four (4) plates. Garnish each plate with two (2) asparagus spears and one (1) sprig of rosemary.
Yields: 4 servings
Trinity Fruit Co. & Borton & Sons, Inc. (2020). People Weekly.