Tap into your senses.
What do you love to eat? What do you love to see? What do you love to smell? What do you love to hear? What do you love to touch? Food, drinks, movies, flowers, coffee, music, that one cute word your son or daughter says wrong, your cozy blanket, your comfy sweatshirt. List out feelings you love to feel for each of your 5 senses and the things that elicit those feelings.
Bonus Best Practice: Look at your day and how often you do the things that create these feel-good feelings. Is there a way to add more of these feel-good experiences into your day today? Perhaps, you can listen to your favorite song instead of turn on the TV, or call a friend instead of scroll instagram… Once you identify the feelings you love to have and ways to achieve them, you can start to design your days to feel better more often!
What do I love to eat?
- Frozen banana slices and mango chunks
- Fresh berries
- Meal-prepped spinach salad with Trader Joe’s Green Goddess dressing
- Homemade vegetarian stir-frys
- Quest protein bars
- Perfect superfood bar
What do I love to see?
- Fall colors on a hiking trail
- Snow-capped mountains and trees
- Riders glowing with sweat during my indoor cycling class each week
- Soft and fuzzy animals
What do I love to smell?
- Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies
- Fresh, clean air at a mountain’s summit
- Fresh herbs and seasonings
- Lavender, anything
What do I love to hear?
- Falling asleep to the sound of rain falling
- Birds chirping on a hiking trail
- My two cats’ happy meows when I arrive home after a long day
- Music playlist from an upbeat, motivating indoor cycling class
What do I love to touch?
- My two cats
- Fresh snow
- Summer sand between my toes
Source: Live Your Legend