Healthy Recipe of the Week
Apple Bread Pudding
A Guilt-Free Dessert to Fill Our Spirits with Autumn!
- Coconut Oil Spray (amount as desired)
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg White or 1/3 cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 cup Skim Milk (may be substituted for Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Cloves or Allspice
- 6 slices Light, Whole-Grain Bread (I recommend Ezekiel Bread.)
- 3 Medium Apples (cored and cut into ½ inch cubes)
- ½ cup of your choice of the following: Raisons, Dried Cranberries, Fresh or Dried Blueberries, Chopped Walnuts, Pecans, or Almonds (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9” by 9” baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and cloves or allspice. Add bread and apple cubes. Add fruit and nuts (if desired). Mix well. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven for approximately 40 – 45 minutes.
American Heart Association (2017). Apple Bread Pudding. doi: https://recipes.heart.org/recipes/1177/apple-bread-pudding Accessed on September 16, 2017.