“Being vulnerable means knowing who you are and having the courage to share it with the world. To show up, not as who you want to be or who people think you should be, but as you, and welcoming however the world reacts to it. ”
–Scott Dinsmore, Founder of Live Your Legend
Today, September 12, 2016, marks one year since the passing of our bold, brilliant, and beautiful founder, Scott Dinsmore. Scott applied his passions and talents to give back to the world, founding Live Your Legend. Live Your Legend (LYL) reaches out and connects people across the world helping them to discover their passions and find the work they love; or their purpose in life.
“What is the work you can’t not do? Discover it. Live it. Not just for you but for everybody around you. Because that is what starts to change the world.”
– Scott Dinsmore, Founder of Live Your Legend
Scott’s wife, Chelsea continues to build the Live Your Legend worldwide network and honors the final message from her late husband, Scott Dinsmore: I challenge you to join the Live Your Legend family and go “off the grid.”
During the next couple of weeks, find a way to disconnect. You make the rules. Do what makes sense for you.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Pick a day this weekend where all technology stays off.
- Turn off all push notifications on your mobile; ideally change the setting to “airplane mode” or another type of do not disturb setting.
- The next time you go to dinner with someone you care about, leave your mobile phone at home.
- Decide on a no phones or technology in the bedroom rule.
- Pick a time each day to disconnect. If you choose to leave the Internet off for the first few hours of each day, it can change your life.
- Invite someone you love to join you for a day without technological devices – and tell him/her why you are doing it!
- Simply, sit somewhere for a few hours. Perhaps with a journal and pen. Discover what flows out of your brain.
How do you feel?