Healthy Chocolate Coconut Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Flax Meal (Optional: May use all Coconut Flour)
- ½ cup Oat Bran (Optional: May use all Coconut Flour)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Non-fat, Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Cultured Coconut Milk (Optional: May use all Greek Yogurt)
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Applesauce (healthy substitute for butter)
- ½ cup Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree (canned puree)
- ½ tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Agave Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- ⅓ cup Liquid Egg Whites or 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Mashed Banana (Optional)
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line or grease the inside of 6 large muffin tins or 12 small muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients: coconut flour, flax meal, oat bran, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the non-fat, plain Greek yogurt, cultured coconut milk, and ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- In a third bowl, mix the unsweetened applesauce, unsweetened pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, agave sweetener, honey, and liquid egg whites (or large eggs).
- Add mixed wet ingredients in the separate two bowls to the large bowl containing the dry ingredients. Thoroughly mix both dry and wet ingredients.
- In a blender, food processor, or Magic bullet, mix banana and ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Add to the mixture in large bowl.
- Add coconut oil. Stir.
- Add dark chocolate chips. Stir.
- Fold in pumpkin seeds.
- Spoon in mixture into the muffin tins until about ⅔ full.
- Garnish with additional pumpkin seeds and/or small dark chocolate chip pieces.
- Bake the small muffins for 20-22 minutes or large muffins for 25-27 minutes, or until a toothpick entered in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove muffins from tin and cool on baking rack.