Healthy Recipe of the Week
On a cold, winter night, a warm and healthful soup can fill our bellies and warm our hearts!
Slow-Cooker Farro Soup
- 1 cup Farro (rinsed)
- 8 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Kale (chopped)
- (1) 14.5-ounce can Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 large Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Black Pepper, to taste
- (1) 15-ounce can Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
Place all of the ingredients except the cannellini beans in the slow cooker. Cook in the low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
Add the cannellini beans to the soup and cook for an additional 30 minutes before serving.
Magers, E. (2023, January 10). Slow-cooker farro soup. Today Show. https://www.today.com/recipes/slow-cooker-farro-soup-t64436