Healthy Recipe of the Week
- 2 medium Zucchinis (unpeeled, grated with a box grater) (about 3 cups)
- 1 small Shallot (minced) (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 large Eggs (lightly beaten using a fork)
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (or flour of choice)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- 1.5 teaspoons Fresh Thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup Non-Fat, Plain Greek Yogurt
In a large bowl, stir together the zucchini, shallot, eggs, flour, cheese, thyme, baking powder, and black pepper until well combined.
In a large non-stick skillet, heat one (1) teaspoon oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the skillet. Place eight (8) 1/8 cup mounds of zucchini mixture in the skillet. Using the back of a measuring cup or a spoon, gently press down on the mounds, spreading them to make pancakes about 1/2 inch thick and 2.5 inches in diameter. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side (or until golden brown). Transfer the pancakes to a plate. Cover to. keep warm. Repeat with the remaining one (1) teaspoon oil and zucchini mixture.
Let the pancakes cool for five (5) minutes. Just before serving, top each pancake with a dollop of the yogurt.
Serving Size: 4 mini pancakes (16 pancakes total)
Calories: 158; Total Fat: 6.5 g; Saturated Fat: 1.5 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g; Cholesterol: 89 mg; Sodium: 231 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 17 g; Dietary Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 3 g; Added Sugars: 0 g; Protein: 9 g
American Heart Association. (n.d.). Zucchini-Parmesan Pancakes. American Heart Association Recipes. https://recipes.heart.org/en/recipes/zucchini-parmesan-pancakesutm_source=healthy+for+good+fy+2021&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=7_20_2020&utm_content=recipe+cta