Celebrate the small things that happen.
What happens in your life without you having to think about it? The sun rises and sets, your eyes blink, you heart beats, you can hear the sound of your alarm, you can go for a walk.
What were you thanked for today or recently? Someone appreciated you, it’s time to appreciate yourself!
What did not exist 10, 20, 50 years ago that is a regular part of your daily life now? Healthy easily accessible food, the TV, the iPhone, being able to fly almost anywhere in the world, apps that help us learn and grow.
What is comfortable about this moment? Your clothes, you chair, your bed.
- I am grateful for…. my strong discipline to maintain a daily exercise routine and healthy diet regardless of the obstacles life sets in my way.
- I am grateful for… my two cats unconditional love.
- Yesterday I was thanked for… waiting with a pediatric patient while the therapist stepped out of the room.
- Last weekend I was thanked for… organizing a great hike with my hiking group.
- Last week I was thanked for… leading riders through a complete total body stretch routine after my Spin class each Saturday morning.
- 10 years ago… emoticons did not exist as a simple medium to brighten someone’s day.
- 20 years ago… the ability to stream inspiring TED Talks and educational Netflix documentaries did not exist.
- 50 years ago… Spinning® did not exist to relieve stress and tension after a long day.
- Comfort is… my cat, Cali sitting next to me.
- Comfort is… my belly full of healthy, nutrient-rich and plant-based food.
- Comfort is… my old, torn scrub bottoms and Abercrombie sweatshirt.
- Comfort is… a roof over my head to protect me from the continual Seattle rain.