Healthy Recipe of the Week
Attention: Pizza Lovers!
Cauliflower Caprese Pizza
- 1 Medium head Cauliflower (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup Part-Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (may substitute for cheese of choice)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Garlic (crushed or minced)
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- ½ cup Liquid Egg Whites
- ¼ cup Balsamic Glaze (brand of choice)
- ½ cup Part-Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (may substitute for cheese with choice of choice)
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ cup Tomato (sliced)
- 10 ounces Cooked Chicken Breast (sliced into strips)
- Basil and/or Oregano, for garnish
Preheat oven to 425°F. Put a pizza stone or pan in the oven to heat. Cut off florets of cauliflower and put into food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds until cauliflower is crumbled resembling “snow.” Put cauliflower in a bowl, cover, and microwave for 4 minutes. Put cooked cauliflower onto a clean dish towel and allow to cool. After cooled, wring out as much liquid as possible from cauliflower. The less liquid, the crisper the crust! Put the drained cauliflower into a bowl. Add the remaining crust ingredients and mix well with your hands. On a piece of parchment paper coated with cooking spray, pat out the cauliflower mixture into the pizza crust. Pack as tightly together as possible while you form the crust. Aim for a little less than ¼ inch thick. Make a ridge around the outer edge with your fingertips. Carefully transfer the parchment with the crust to the heated pizza stone. Bake the crust for 15 minutes or until golden brown. While the crust is cooking, prepare your pizza toppings. After the crust is browned, remove from oven and add your toppings. Spread the balsamic glaze and distribute toppings evenly on crust. Carefully put the pizza back into the oven and cook an additional 12 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped fresh herbs, such as basil or oregano. Slice into 4 slices and enjoy!
Nutritional Information: Calories 260; Carbohydrates 12g; Cholesterol 77mg; Fat 10g; Fiber 3g; Protein 31g; Sodium 498mg
2020 Lifestyles. doi: https://www.2020lifestyles.com/resources-tools/recipes/a-f/cauliflower-caprese-pizza-(stage-3).aspx#.WNrS7BiZOt8 Accessed on March 28, 2017.