Healthy Recipe of the Week
Winter Greens Salad
- 1/2 Lemon Zest and Juice
- 1/2 Orange Zest and Juice
- 1 tablespoon Shallots (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise (may substitute for vegan substitute)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 8 cups Winter Greens, such as Kale, Cabbage, and/or Brussels Sprouts (finely shredded)
Whisk together zest and juice of the lemon and orange with minced shallot, salt, olive oil, mayonnaise, and dijon mustard. Toss with the finely shredded winter greens.
Dish of the Month (2017). Nutrition Action Health Letter, December issue. Center for Health in the Public Interest.