Healthy Recipe of the Week
Don’t Stuff… Save Room for Something Sweet!
- 1/2 Cashews (raw)
- 1 tablespoon Agar Flakes (may substitute for gelatin)
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Water (boiling)
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin (roasted or canned)
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar or Honey
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg (ground)
- 1 pinch Cloves (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemon Zest
Place cashews, agar flakes (or gelatin), and salt in a high-powered blender and process to a fine powder. Pour boiling water into the blender and process on high speed. Add pumpkin, agave nectar or honey, and vanilla extract and process until smooth. Blend in cinnamon, nutmeg. cloves, and lemon zest. Pour custard into ramekins or half cup mason jars. Refrigerate for 30 – 60 minutes or until set. Serve.
Amsterdam, E. (2008). Easy Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Custard Recipe. Elana’s Pantry. doi:https://elanaspantry.com/pumpkin-custard/ Accessed on November 11, 2017.