Healthy Recipe of the Week
A Healthy Twist to Complement a Classic Dip!
- 1 cup Frozen Peas (slightly thawed)
- 1 Avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Lime or Lemon Juice
- 1 medium Tomato (chopped)
- ½ Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno or Serrano Chili (seeded and minced)
- 3 tablespoon Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Freshly Ground Black Pepper
In a blender or food processor, puree the peas until smooth. In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork or potato masher. Add the lime or lemon juice, tomato, onion, jalapeno or Serrano chili, cilantro, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Add the peas and mix well.
*If the guacamole will not be served immediately, press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface to prevent browning.
People Weekly Magazine