Healthy Recipe of the Week
Grilled Chicken with Strawberry and Pineapple Salsa
A Sweet and Summery Grilled Chicken Entrée!
- 2 ½-inch slices Pineapple (thick and patted dry)
- 1 cup Whole Strawberries (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (crushed)
- 1 medium Lemon
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts Halves (about 4 ounces each) (dispose all visible fat)
- 2 teaspoon Steak Seasoning Blend (salt-free)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
Preheat the grill on medium high. Brush a grill pan or grill rack with the oil. Heat the grill pan or rack for about 2 minutes (or until hot). Grill the pineapple for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly (about 2 minutes) before chopping.
In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining salsa ingredients except the lemon. Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest, reserving the lemon. Stir the zest and chopped pineapple into the strawberry mixture. Set aside.
Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasoning blend and salt. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side (or until no longer pink at the center). Transfer to the plates. Squeeze the reserved lemon over the chicken, Serve with salsa on the side.
Nutrition Information: Serving size 3 oz. chicken with ½ cup salsa. 320 calories. 2g saturated fat. 453mg sodium. 8mg cholesterol. 38g carbohydrate. 6g sugar. 21g protein.
American Heart Association. (2017). Grilled Chicken with Strawberry and Pineapple Salsa. doi: https://recipes.heart.org/recipes/1054/grilled-chicken-with-strawberry-and-pineapple-salsa Accessed on August 16, 2017.