It is the first weekend of Spring. Begin this new, blossoming season with happy thoughts.
How do I Prioritize Happiness in my life?
- Live your life with more depth, contemplation, and sincere contentment. Focus on yourself and do not compare yourself to others.
- Thoughts create feelings. Feelings create behavior. Positive behavior and smiling breeds more positivity. Result? Happy thoughts!
Surround Yourself with Happy People and Nurture Relationships
- Happy People + Positive Relationships = Happiness in Life
Treat Yourself Well
- Spoil Yourself. Respect Yourself. Love Yourself. Do more of what you love to do and spend more time with loved ones.
Catch and Memorize Great Moments
- Move beyond the bad memories, and slow down to enjoy the good times in life. Write them down and read them when needed.
Be Active and Take Care of Yourself
- Go for a walk outside. Hike your favorite trail. Play a sport. Try a new class at the gym. Learn new things. Stimulate your mind. Challenge yourself.
Set Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely Goals
- Take one step at a time and stay committed.
Help Other People and Be Generous
- Perform acts of kindness and learn to forgive.
- Look through your photographs to find a picture of something that made you happy.
- Next time something makes you happy, take a picture to capture the moment.
- Inspire other people to be happy by sharing your photographs: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or mailing them to your partner, friend, family member, or colleague. Use your photographs to remind yourself and other people what really matters: happiness.
A Song to Help Achieve Your Mission:
Von Der Heydt, A. (2014). “Make Happiness Your Priority.” doi: http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140320212922-175081329-make-happiness-your-priority?goback=%2Enmp_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=object-title. Accessed on March 21, 2014.