– Tao Te Ching, No. 29
Affirmations for Creating Balance in Your Life
“Balance is power!“
“Excel without excess!“
“Excellence and balance are compatible partners for achievement in life.“
“Moderate, don’t proliferate!“
“I realize my dreams when I avoid the extremes.“
Guides for Creating Balance in All Areas of Your Life
- Find opportunities to create a balance among different ways to accomplish your goals. For example, plan your week with a balance of hardworking, challenging days and easier days. Or, you may find that two or three part-time jobs provide you with more variety and excitement during the week than one full-time position.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet to improve your health, well-being, and outlook toward life. Consume fresh produce and unprocessed foods, meeting the needs of each major food group.
- Cross-train! Vary you exercise routine to keep you motivated and avoid a plateau in your fitness level. Try biking, swimming, running, hiking, or a new group class at the gym. Remember, moderation is key!
- Focus your daily routine on what is important to you and avoid insignificant matters. With fewer items on your “to-do list,” you will have more opportunities to create balance.
- Allow yourself time each day to be alone, reflecting, visualizing, meditating, or simply doing nothing at all to maintain balance in your life.
I am a very balanced, fulfilled, happy person who attends to all aspects of living.
A life of balance is a life fulfilled.
Al Huang, C. & Lynch, J (1992). Thinking Body Dancing Mind: Tao Sports for Extraordinary Performance in Athletics, Business, and Life. New York, NY: Bantam Books.