I have consistently read in the literature about cinnamon and cayenne pepper’s effects on metabolism. So, here is more information about these two super foods:
- Improves insulin resistance and stabilizes blood sugar levels, contributing to weight loss
- More efficient at managing hunger and appetite
- Decreases free fatty acids and levels of low density lipoprotein (LDL, “bad cholesterol”)
- Try substituting cinnamon for sugar or mixing cinnamon with peanut instead of jelly – Simply delicious, simply healthy!
CAYENNE PEPPER (Active Ingredient: Capsicum)
- Increases blood flow and perspiration (sweating), contributing to weight loss
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper sauce can increase metabolic rate by as much as 25%
- Always consume cayenne pepper with food to avoid irritation of stomach lining
Eat Well! Be Healthy! Be YOU!
“PPAR Research”; Improved Insulin Resistance and Lipid Metabolism by Cinnamon Extract Through Activation of Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptors; X. Sheng, et al.; 2008